Saturday, March 5, 2011

Thankful

For the last four nights, I sat in bed and watched and listened as my husband snored. I was thankful to be able to do that. Before this past week, I had a different reaction to that very same snoring.

If you read my last post, you know that Dick had an accident on his way home from Florida last Sunday. The car was totalled, but luckily Dick was not. Amazingly enough, he walked away from the scene pretty much unhurt. He is sore and bruised, but that is all. And I am thankful.

I am also thankful that I am able to walk in the March of Dimes March for Babies in April. This is a cause that is very close to my heart. We lost a baby to miscarriage many years ago. I walk for Team James and Jake. Their mommy lost them at 20 weeks gestation. I also walk for another family who lost their son at 18 weeks gestation. I walk so that maybe someday, nobody will have feel the pain that we all felt and feel to this day.

If you would like to help me reach my fundraising goal of $1000. just click on the widget in the left sidebar. It will guide you through a donation page. No amount is too small or too large. Thank you so much for your support because what could be more important than healthy babies.

4 comments:

  1. So thankful for the snores here in my home too. A dear friend lost her husband Friday at age 59 to heart problems. Thankful for the snores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope my hubby is thankful for my snores...lol. Glad Dick is alright (golf clubs too!). Here's to a better week for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to walking side by side again with you this year. And, I say, wear ear plugs if you can't stand the snoring. I would much rather do that and have my husband by my side too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to be walking alongside you. Audrey also suffered a miscarriage... early, at around 8 or 9 weeks or so, but she was devastated. We all were. And as for the snoring... Barry snored like a wild animal until he had surgery 4 years ago... a hip replacement... and he lost about 12 pounds. That alone kicked the snoring. It really was a miracle. But I'll take the snoring over anything else that could come my way. For sure. I'm so happy everything turned out ok. Too scary... xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!