Monday, June 13, 2011

Enough Drama

An old man once said, "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

A friend had this posted on her Facebook profile. It spoke to me. This is what I need to do in my life. I am 56 years old and I'm tired of the drama that goes on every day around me. I'm tired of the people who think they are better than me. I'm tired of the people who think they are always right about everything. I'm tired of the people who can only feel good about themselves by tearing down someone else. I'm tired of the people who always put me last on their list. I am just tired.

I have never been one to whine, complain and point fingers on my blog. Too many people already do that. I'm sorry to be doing that now. I've broken my own rule. But sometimes, it's important to stand up for yourself.

A line that Ado Annie had in Oklahoma keeps popping into my head. She said " I'm not saying I'm better than anybody else, but I'll be damned if I ain't just as good." Ditto for me!!

11 comments:

  1. It is important and FEELS GOOD to speak out once in a while. I just have a really hard time walking away from so many people because I feel bad even for the people that cause drama and heartache in my life. It's hard to let anyone go, but I know it is necessary...

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. And ditto for me too! Drama makes me cranky and cranky makes me not want to exercise...not a good combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweet friend!

    I'm trying to catch up with my blog friends this morning. It seems like forever since I've had time to just sit at the computer and visit, but
    now I am and it feels sooooo good!

    You go girl. And YOU ARE RIGHT! Life is too precious and too short to deal with jerks :-)

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Some people...some days~ Thank goodness for the positive ones, the ones who are kind in spoken words, as well as their actions towards others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, I think you're absolutely right. You're too good of a person to ever feel last and I can't imagine anyone feeling like they're better than you. You are a wonderful person, a loyal friend, and gift to all who know you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know it - now remember it!

    I'm new to your blog and truly enjoy it. Gotta support a fellow Hoosier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry - didn't mean to be "anonymous".

    ReplyDelete
  8. It situations like the one you're describing, I always try to put my shoe on the other foot and look at myself to make sure I'm not doing the exact same thing I'm accusing others of doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you could stay until the end. It was a marathon...
    I have had so much trouble with blogger for several weeks...
    When I go to leave a comment it won't let me...so frustrating...Tonight it is working but this afternoon it would not even let me post...

    Has there been drama in the blog world? I have not had a day to really blog hop in a long time...I am working on a book about tree decorating with Brent Riggs...He ask me some time ago...and I had no idea it was going to take up so much time. He is teaching me a lot though and I think it will be a way for a lot of young Moms to make some extra money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...first of all...I think you are a great blog buddy and an awesome mom to your kiddoes and grandmom to your grandbabies :o) ...so I can not imagine that others would find anything but fun when they are around you.

    ...so yes, say "NO" to the drama!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    and yes, you will love the skillet bread! It is super, duper easy! And great to add to any meal! Hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I try to rise above the drama by just ignoring it! I know easier said than done, but it feels good once the drama is all over and you took no part in it. And your blog should be a safe for you to write what you feel. You are just being authentic! I appreciate it! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!