Monday, September 10, 2012

My Summer Vacation / Washington DC / Day 12

Monday, July 16 was the day we had to say good bye to Vickie and Paul. Vickie and I had just shared some of the best days of our lives together. As long as I live, I will remember this trip. It kind of broke my heart to say good bye. I know that might seem silly, but I was really going to miss her and the fun we had together.

We said our good byes and took many pairs of Vickie's shoes with us as to not have her suitcase be overweight again at the airport. Then we got in the car and headed back to Washington DC for a day at some of the Smithsonian Museums.


Our first stop was at the National Museum of American History.

Jack loves trains and they had a bunch of them, so I took lots of train pictures.
Dorothy's ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz.

Kermit the Frog

Archie Bunker's chair from All in the Family.

Dumbo the Flying Elephant

Charlie McCarthy

The Scarecrow's hat and shoes from the Wizard of Oz.


I took so many more pictures there, but I just chose a few.

It was a pretty incredible place.


Next, we headed over the the National Air and Space Museum. This place was truly awesome. I have always loved space flight. I am embarrassed to say that I don't remember which planes are which now. I only remember one for sure. Oh well, chalk it up to advancing age!




The orange looking plane is the one that Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier in.



After we got done here, we did a little walking to see some sights and then got in the car and did a little more sight seeing. We found the Pentagon. We had looked for it before and didn't find it. It had been another long, but incredible day. We headed back to Baltimore and Longhorn Steakhouse. We had to get back to the hotel. We had packing to do to leave in the morning for Pennsylvannia. The adventure was still continuing.

1 comment:

  1. What neat places to go to. You have such great pictures and lots of memories. I know it had to be so hard saying good-bye to your traveling buddy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!