Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Just Write

Listen to the song below and then we'll talk!

Make a big mess, use the good dishes, go to a ballgame, make lots of wishes.  When was the last time you can say you did any of those things?   We get so caught up in the very day mundaneness of our lives we forget that there is a lot we are missing.

I have good china that I got for a shower gift 40 years ago.  Do you know the last time that was out of the cabinet and set on the table?  Yeah, neither do I.  I spend my days attempting to not make messes and cleaning up other peoples messes.  Would it be so tragic to just have fun with making a mess?  It will clean up.  I'm sure of it.  I love Cubs baseball, but it has been years since I have been to game.  No real reason, just haven't bothered to do it.  I spend my whole day making wishes.  Wishing I didn't have to get up so early or that I didn't have to go grocery shopping.  I don't take the time to make the fun wishes.  Like wishing the dragonfly would land long enough for me to take his picture.

Maybe it's time to really take a few chances.  Nothing crazy, just everyday life chances.  Smile at someone you don't know on the street.  Chances are they will smile back.  Take some time to talk with God.  Maybe you haven't done that lately or maybe you did it this morning, but it's good for the soul.  Take some time to really give your kids your full attention.  No cellphones or tablets or tv nearby.  Give them all of your attention.  Turn up the music and dance and be silly.  They will love it and you will too.

The chorus of this song says it all.  It's how I am going to strive to be.  It is how I want to be,

Turn up the music
Turn it up loud
Take a few chances
And let it all out
Cause you won't regret it
Lookin back from where you have been
Cause it's not who you knew
And it's not what you did
It's how you lived


Just Write

3 comments:

  1. I really like this post and thr song. It's something we all should embrace but even more so as we get older. Nice writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song...taking chances and being present are things I'm trying to get better at! As usual I'm a work in progress! Thanks for making me stop and think....we dont' do that nearly enough in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the group and song. And love this post! I have been in such a rut and needed this pep talk! I think I will go home after work and make a mess!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!