Monday, December 5, 2016

Mirror

Do you avoid mirrors?  I don't know that I avoid them, but I don't go out of my way to look in them.  I look in the morning when I brush my teeth and put on makeup and do my hair.  I look again at night when I wash my face and brush my teeth.  Aside from those times, I don't really look at myself during the day.

I wonder if it's because I'm afraid that I'm not going to like what I see?  I'm days away from turning 62 and things sure do look different than they used to.  There's an extra chin and lots of lines and wrinkles.  Gray roots in the hair, if I don't keep up with the color.  There's even a few of those dark age spots that you hear about on the commercials.

I don't think that's really why though.  I'm kind of proud of those lines and wrinkles.  I earned every one of them.  I think it's just that my days are busy and looking in the mirror doesn't really occur to me.  I think it's that simple. 

Times up.  #fiveminutefreewrite

1 comment:

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!